- Lower utility bills by reducing energy consumption and waste
- Extended equipment life
- Peace of mind for you and your family
- Fewer repairs, and improved system reliability
- Increased heating and cooling capacity and efficiency
- Thoroughly wash condenser coil(s).*
- Thoroughly clean or replace (owner provided) standard air-filter(s).*
- Wash and level condensing unit for proper motor and bearing wear*.
- Lubricate motor and fan bearings as well as other moving parts as necessary.
- Clean and inspect evaporator coil and drain pan when readily accessible.*
- Clean and inspect condensate drain lines and fittings.*
- Clean, level, and calibrate thermostat.*
- Inspect, tighten and test all electrical connections. This includes disconnect switch.
- Inspect all system electrical wires, connectors, and terminals.
- Test system starting and running capacitors.
- Test all controls, switches, relays, transformers, contactors, motors, and fans.
- Measure starting and running amperes, line voltage, and control voltage.
- Test system-starting capabilities.
- Test system for proper airflow and air delivery.
- Inspect and adjust all safety controls.
- Monitor refrigerant (Freon) pressures and temperatures.
- Test and record super-heat and sub-cooling. Compare with factory specifications.
- Test and measure system for proper production and capacity.
- Monitor fan motors and compressor operating temperatures.
- Complete and present full written report and make any necessary recommendations.
*All cleaning services are based upon equipments kept under routine maintenance. If equipment has not been maintained, additional charges may be necessary to bring equipment back to a serviceable point.
Why should you invest in a system tune-up?
According to a study done by the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service, Louisiana State University, and Gulf States Power, air conditioning maintenance has offered savings in operating costs, increased home comfort, and even extended equipment life. The study was conducted in a series of homes over time, and then again after tune-ups were completed. Some specific findings from the study:
Average Monthly Savings from a Tune-Up: $32.76
Average Cooling Capacity Restored: 0.79 Tons
The above study was conducted years ago on equipment with low efficiencies compared to modern equipment. Modern systems (less than 10 years old) are much more dependent on detailed cleaning and performance enhancing practices to continue running at such high efficiencies. If the above studies were performed today the savings and restored capacity measures would be even greater.
Contact Hammond Heating and Air Conditioning today to learn how an HVAC system tune-up could save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars down the line. Our certified, professional staff provide HVAC repair and tune-up services in Jacksonville, Jacksonville beaches and all along Northeast Florida.
Hammond Heating and Air is a local, family-owned and operated business in Jacksonville, Florida. We pride ourselves on providing the highest-quality service to our residential and commercial customers. Call today to speak to a local tech or representative, and schedule a time for us to assess your needs.